Laminate & Vinyl Flooring for Your Home or Business
Appealing hardwood visuals and marvelous slate and stone looks are the hallmark of today’s laminate. It simply looks like the real thing. And laminate flooring is great for busy families: it installs easily, wears incredibly well, and comes in breathtaking colors and styles. High-end and fashionable, laminate’s a hot choice!
We help you every step of the way after you’ve selected your new floor: professional on-site measurement, removal of old flooring, and skilled installation that includes moving your furniture and replacing trim. We do it all expertly, so your floor will look amazing and give lasting satisfaction. To ensure a smooth installation, follow these tips!
- Make sure you know who’s removing your existing flooring. If you wish, the installer will do it. If not, you should make arrangements to have it removed.
- Who’s moving the furniture? Decide in advance if you want to take on the responsibility or if you want the installer to handle it. Either way, be sure to remove all fragile items from the room, and don’t leave anything—such as drapery or plants—hanging over the installation area.
- In general, your laminate should run parallel to windows or, in narrow rooms, to the longest wall.
- Measure door clearances before you have your laminate installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may rub. Plan in advance to have someone shave or saw the correct amount off the bottom of each door so it does not drag.
- Paint first. If you’re planning to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in the room, it’s best to do it before your flooring is installed. Keep extra paint to touch up any post-installation nicks.
It’s also a good idea to check with us directly to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation. Just call a member of our friendly sales staff.